by KJ Newby
This month we'll be taking a look at online dating. Below is list of internet dating pros and cons that is worth taking a look at if you are considering looking into the wonderful world of internet dating. Also, I will include a few links to reputable internet dating sites.
So here are some of the pros & cons of online dating:
- The variety of people is almost limitless.
- No matter your background, you are almost guaranteed to find a match.
- You can arrange group meetings instead individual ones.
You can find potential partners with similar interests.
- Online dating is safe and secure when used with a little common sense.
- Many sites cater to disabilities.
- It can be fun - imagine meeting a millionaire?
- In most cases it's affordable and low cost.
- If you have a particular background, you can almost definitely find some one with a similar background too.
- You don''t need to meet people internationally or nationally. You can almost certainly find some one locally.
- You can just search for friends and not just partners.
- It's very easy to do. Simply create a profile, place it on the online dating site and start emailing other members.
- Many dating sites include instant messaging, flirting, photo exchanging, etc.
- Meet the type of people you want
- Options on many sites allow you to join for just a few days, a week, a month, quarterly or even a year.
- If you don't connect with the first person you meet, there are always plenty more fish in the online dating sea.
- Searching for like-minded people is easy, as this is one of the options available on virtually all sites.
Now that you have this information, try internet dating and maybe you too can find that special someone. Below are a few links to reputable dating sites. Have fun but be careful!
- You can't see the person you are emailing.
- It's easy to pretend to be some one else as identity is not verified.
- Due to the anonymous nature of the Web, you may attract some undesirable characters. This may be rare but it can happen. Be careful.
- On most sites you have to pay a fee. There are some free ones but most of those are not too great.
- It can be uncomfortable meeting someone on the Internet whom you have never seen before.
- Some times it's time-consuming.
- If you're a female, you can usually expect a deluge of emails.
- If you're a guy, expect to compete for the hot babes.
NOTE: If you decide to meet a contact in person, always meet them in a public place to ensure your safety.